Environmental Policy Statement
ParcelPlanet commits to achieving the highest standards with regards to environmental matters arising out of our activities. It is the intention of ParcelPlanet to be at the forefront of our industry. An integral element of this sensitivity to environmental issues is that it may affect not only our employees but also our neighbours.
The company is committed in ensuring continued compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations, codes of practice and other standards to which the company subscribes. When determining priorities for the allocation of resources, environmental objectives shall be given equal consideration with all other objectives.
All managers and employees have duties and responsibilities under this policy, and in order to ensure these are met regular reviews of environmental performance will be carried out
Aims of the Policy:
ParcelPlanet recognises that protection of the environment requires industrial activity to be conducted in a sustainable manner. ParcelPlanet is fully committed to best environmental practice and takes responsibility for its own environmental performance.
ParcelPlanet has acknowledged these responsibilities by publishing an environmental policy. Our site is committed to implementing the actions stated this policy. In order to achieve this objective, ParcelPlanet is:
- Establishing health, safety and environmental policies for which management has ultimate responsibility and which forms part of ParcelPlanet business plans.
- Developing a comprehensive Environmental Management System (EMS), which ensure compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations, codes of practice and any other standard to which the company subscribes.
- ParcelPlanet is also committed to the prevention of pollution.
- The EMS will evaluate the ParcelPlanet environmental impacts resulting in the setting of clear objectives with the aim of establishing continual environmental improvement in environmental performance.
- ParcelPlanet overall performance will be monitored by regular audits and annual reviews, Intent on integrating environmental management with health and safety management Policy Objectives: The EMS will develop over time so that all key issues pertinent to the site will be addressed. The EMS will pay close attention to the following policy objectives and active objectives.
- Dispose of waste in a responsible and safe manner.
- Promote ownership and control of environmental issues at business level
- Provide the necessary training and support in order to ensure that the site can fulfil the requirements outlined in this policy.
- Introduce programs that aim to minimise waste. Minimise energy use through effective energy management.